Surrey Gardens Trust is a charitable organisation and a member of the Gardens Trust. As a member of the Surrey Gardens Trust you will be helping us to safeguard our rich heritage of beautifully designed parks, gardens and landscapes across Surrey as well as funding our various grants and awards that enable us to conserve these sites and educate young people about the joys of gardening.
(Joint is two adults living at the same address)
The membership year runs from 1 June to 31 May. For anyone joining after 1 March, the subscription runs until 31 May of the following year.
A Gift Aid declaration is included on the membership form. We would be grateful if you could complete and return this with your application if you are a UK taxpayer and eligible to do so.
If you have any queries please contact us
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP INCLUDE
- A Winter Lecture series focusing on historic gardens, planting design and other garden related topics
- An annual programme of visits to gardens and parks (some of which are private and not accessible to the public) led by knowledgeable guides
- Select Study Days on a range of topics including garden history, conservation, important landscape and garden designers, etc.
- A tri-annual Newsletter
- The opportunity to become involved in researching, recording and conserving Surrey's parks and gardens
- Our Annual General Meeting with keynote speaker and Christmas party
For further information about the Trust or if you are interested in helping on any committee please use the 'contact us' form below
The Trust has a President and a Chairman. The Council of Management consists of the Council members (up to 20) and is responsible for the operation of the Trust. One third of the members of Council retire at each AGM and the Chairman is elected annually by the Council.
Chair – Sarah Dickinson
Treasurer – David Hanson
Secretary – Don Josey
Membership Secretary – Michael Craft
Research – Brenda Lewis
Planning Consultations – Don Josey
Newsletter Editor – Sarah Dickinson
Events / Lecture Programme Coordinator – Sheri Sticpewich
Other Council Members – Mary Caroe, Jill Leggatt, Cherrill Sands, Marion Woodward
The Surrey Gardens Trust has a number of committees and groups that focus on specific aims of the Trust and help to share the workload. The current committees are:
- Research and Recording Group
- Communications Group
- Events Committee
- Schools Committee
- Projects Committee
We would welcome any members who would like to volunteer to assist on any of the groups or committees above.
No experience is required – just a willingness and interest to help